back to main page
One entertaining aspect of M.U.S.C.L.E was that, removed as they were from the Kinnikuman comics from whence they came, they were rendered nameless (apart from ones which appeared to have their names written on them), and therefore could be given whatever name tickled your fancy. For example, figures which had the mohawk and other distinguishing features of Muscleman/Kinnikuman himself were called, for some reason, 'Bashdroids' down our way.
There was a rumour that you could get a huge poster of all the figures, with their names!!.
But it wasn't true. There was a poster, but with no names. Nonetheless, I would absolutely LOVE one of these, so if you have one to spare, PLEASE contact me and we'll cut a deal!
Anyhow, I will present on this page a selection of made up names for the figures. Some are too ridiculously self evident to bother with, but others were interesting. If you had any good names, please email me and I'll put them here.
New! News of some of the real names of various M.U.S.C.L.E, on my Kinnikuman page!
Here are some of the names which my friends and I bestowed upon M.U.S.C.L.E, back in the day:
- Baby Bash
- The Slavedriver
- Wacky Welder
- Mangle Man
- Tin Can
- Garden Gnome
- And of course we used the 'official' names of 'Terri-bull' and 'Muscleman' as decreed on the packaging.
That's all I remember at the moment! For some reason many were never named.
Thomas Wilson was more inventive and prolific in his naming, as you can see:
"I have about 150 MUSCLE men and approx. 100 of them had (have) names. Some were:
- Monalith (rock guy w/ the Easter Island head)
- Scrapnel (or "Shrapnel" if I'd known how to spell. Has blades on his hands and cool armor)
- Warrior (My favorite. Wears a cool helmet with a crest on the top and fins on the side)
- Kamikaze (Wears a mask w/ Japanese writing on it)
- Saurian (one of the many reptilians, there was also Dracos)
- Monkey Man (of the pot belly and furry pants)
- Buzz Saw (there can be only one)
- Ringo (a space cadet w/ shaggy hair, no eyes or nose)
- Paladin (Left arm has no hand, head is a tinycone w/ a slit for a mouth)
- Daimyo (wears a Japanese looking skirt thing and his hair is in a topknot)
- Samson (strong guy w/ really long hair)"
Names from an Alex and his brother:
- Apricot (spiked helmet/blade hand guy)
- Kamala (gorilla legs)
- Spaghetti (skinny guy with a plate of food on his head)
- Dusty Rhodes (curly hair and metal looking piece over his mouth)
- Harvey (spiky vest, mullet)
- Naked Guy (skinny with writing on his body)
- Peanut (short one - looks like a peanut)
- Battery (guy made up of combination locks)
- Tin Can (looks like an oil drum)
- Pickle (domed helmet, bumps on helmet and armor)
- Shaving Cream (generic guy with a beard)
- Jason (any MUSCLE wearing a hockey-looking mask)
- Washing Machine (square guy with rollers on his chest)
- Fishbowl (Spiky legs and big round head)
- Frog (looks like a lizard with a scuba tank on his back)
- Salt and Pepper (shaped like a salt shaker with a t on his chest)
More name calling from someone else:
All these names are somewhat redundant without being able to see the M.U.S.C.L.E. in question...maybe you can try and guess which is which. Or maybe not.
- The Defiant Giant
- Silverado (Manager)
- The Rock Lord
- Alley Kat
- The Headbangers (Tag-team)
- The Ninja Master
- The Ultimate M.U.S.C.L.E. (You HAVE to see this one!)
- The Overlord
- King Kong Bendy (Looked like King Kong Bundy, but with 4 arms)
- The Ringmaster
- The American Ninja
- Sherman the Tank